Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Weekend Scramble

Why do I constantly do this to myself? I spend the entire week working the day job, doing a few minor chores around the house, and then writing as much as I can. But deep down, there's a part of me that is craving the weekend.

Ah. I have images of getting so much accomplished. My list begins on Thursday. It grows as my anxiousness increases. Then it comes. Friday afternoon.

Well, it's Saturday and it's almost noon. How much of that list has gotten done? Yeah you guessed it. Not nearly what I expected...lol. I've done some writing, and started a load of laundry. That's about it.

How about you? Are you able to accomplish everything you set out to do on the weekends?

3 comments:

Renee said...

Never! Ever! Ever! Does that say it all?:)

Unknown said...

I came so close this weekend! I just need to clean the bathroom tonight and my son’s room (sigh). So that would be a no for me as well :o)

Fedora said...

Uh, no! Oh well--I figure that there's a reason even God set aside the Sabbath, right? Rest is a good thing :)