Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Giving The Muse A Kick In the Pants and A Pat On The Back

Lately I have read quite a few author's blogs about their muse. I now know officially that I love my muse because she doesn't give me nearly as much grief as she apparently could.

So, I dedicate this blog entry to her. I don't know her name, and quite frankly sometimes I think she's a guy. But that's another entry entirely.

Beginning tomorrow I have entered into a Romance Diva challenge where I am pushing my muse to pump out 20 pages of material a day. I know she can do it, and this will be her pat on the back because I'm showing my confidence in her up front. But, it's also a kick in the pants to clear some of these WIPs off of the pile.

So here is the official list of things my muse and I will be working on for the challenge:
1. Rework of Warrior's Fire - the second book in the series (with all fingers crossed)
2. Brava novella contest entry (just because we like being in the middle of things just like everyone else).
3. Fantasy Weekend
4. The Market
5. The Untitled WIP (I know, that is really, really sad. It really is a good book that deserves a title.)

So, what are you working on?

1 comment:

Sela Carsen said...

You're doing the Fast Draft, too? Good luck!!